Wednesday, March 4, 2009

It's a Boy!


We are so excited! As soon as his little image flashed up on the sono machine, the tech said "Oh! I know what it is already!" And I said excitedly, "WHAT?!" And she said, "It's a boy!" And I said "Reeeeallllly?!!?!?!?" And Matt did his little giggle/chuckle thing! I was SO excited because everyone around me had me convinced it was a girl! I did the ultimate drano test that is supposed to be completely accurate, and it was wrong. The heartbeat was always around 170, which is usually "girl speed" and that was wrong..so I was actually surprised! But deep down I still thought it was a boy, and stuck to that. Matt and I made a bet the night before we found out, he said girl, I said boy. I won a massage! Yay for me! Thanks Owen!! :)
His name will be Owen Louis Kelly. Owen is just a name we like and just both agreed on since the time we were engaged. Louis was Matt's Pap-Paw. I never had the pleasure of meeting him, but I know he was a good man, and I'm glad we are naming our son after him. Owen will have plenty of people on the Kelly side of the family to tell him about Pap-Paw and why his Daddy wanted to name him after him.
Please continue to pray for a healthy pregnancy & delivery.
Now it is time to start shopping!!!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! Now there will be plenty of Kelly boys! :) I know you are excited to have cousins to play with. Yall will have SO much fun.

    ReplyDelete