Monday, January 5, 2009

The Shack

Ok, so I read The Shack. I'm the type that if there is controversy going on about a book or something, I want to read it and form my own opinion. And here it is:
I LOVED IT!
In case you aren't familiar with the book or haven't heard anything about it, God reveals himself in the book as an african american woman. To some, that is just blasphemy right there, shut the book and burn it. God is MALE. HE. FATHER. Period. HOWEVER...if you would have kept reading, you would understand that the point of that was to prove to Mack (main character in book) that we should not be concerned with these preconceived notions we have about God. We should focus on WHO God is and building that relationship with him that is so important in our Christian walk. Mack didn't have a stand up guy for a dad. So, if God had revealed himself as The Father, Mack would not have had the turn around he did regarding his relationship with God. This book did to me what the movie Fireproof did. I think about it every day since I've read it, and it has made me examine my relationship with Christ. I urge you to read it, and let me know what you think. I welcome differing opinions! Please post a comment!

2 comments:

  1. I have not heard of the book, but you write a great endorsement. I will have to see if it is available on audible.com, I have no time for sitting down and reading! Anyway, I just wanted to post a comment so you know I read this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read the book and LOVED it!!! I love the way grace and mercy were illustated. I plan to read it with Jeff and Hunter. Such a reassuring message to hold on to every minute of every day.

    Smiles,
    Nonna

    ReplyDelete