Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Getting Started...

Ok, so I'm new to blogging. I journal sometimes but decided I'm gonna try this. Also, I thought this would be a good thing to do to start my prego journey and once the baby gets here, I can keep family and friends updated on our life (if they care) by a blog. So....
As of today, I am 9 weeks and 2 days with child! It is really an indescribable feeling. We don't see miracles today like the ones we read about in the Bible, but it is exhilarating being such a leading role in this "now days" miracle. And it is funny how much easier it is to make good decisions when someone else depends on it, such as passing up the brownie for a granola bar. That was so hard about 10 weeks ago, but not so much anymore! And getting out of bed at 6:30 to walk on the treadmill is not so impossible either! :) I hope I can carry this dedication and commitment out when baby K gets here. By the way, I call the baby BrynnOwen. If she is a girl, her name will be Brynn, and a boy will be Owen. So I don't like calling it "the baby" or "it", so BrynnOwen is the baby when you here me talk about "it." :) My sis-in-law Bekah said she will feel compelled to call the baby BrynnOwen no matter what it is when he/she gets here because she's so used to that name now! It does have a nice ring to it...
Anyway, as far as the pregnancy goes, I feel great! I'm so thankful and praise God over and over again all day for not being sick! I was not looking forward to having to dash to the bathroom during working hours, but have not had to do it at all. The main differences I feel so far are tiredness & hungriness, which kind of goes with the territory.
So I will wrap it up for today. I go to the doc soon for my first ultrasound, so I will post that when I get it.
Please pray for BrynnOwen to grow and be healthy!

2 comments:

  1. Good for you for starting a blog! AND good for you for choosing the granola over the brownie and getting on that treadmill. That baby weight will come off so much easier if you stay diligent to that regimen. I gained 80 pounds with Ella and really wish I'd been more thoughtful about how I "celebrated" my first pregnancy. You are pretty cool, Mrs. Lindsay. I know we don't spend much time together but I feel like I "get you." I think, when I hear you talk about stuff, that you and I were made of the same cloth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is great!!! You and BrynnOwen can look back and see how exciting this was and how special he/she is very step of the way.

    Love,
    Nonna

    PS Remember I loved you before you were born! :)

    ReplyDelete